A Place to Belong
‘Creating an environment that people can enjoy and where they choose to live and bring up their families’.
- People want to live here and move here because “...it’s a great place to live...”
- People feel safe in and have pride in their surroundings
- People feel that they live in communities, not in isolation
- People are involved in volunteering and in community action
- More people taking part in, and appreciating, cultural activities
- Everyone can use the CSGN to improve their health and well-being through physical activity and enjoying nature
- The CSGN is a community resource which encourages local pride and ownership and provides opportunities for volunteering, education, training and developing skills
Who will benefit:
- Individuals as they appreciate good surroundings and feel valued in their community
- Communities as places become more vibrant and attractive
- The public sector as the population becomes more willing, and able, to take action.