In signing the CSGN Local Authority Concordat, East Lothian Council is committed to:
- Ensure the green network is an integral part of the Spatial Strategy and relevant policy areas of the East Lothian Local Development Plan
- Ensure the green network is integrated into masterplans, development frameworks and design briefs for relevant development proposals
- Ensure that relevant development proposals contribute towards the provision and/or consolidation of green networks in a proportionate way, consistent with the scale and nature of the development
- Support the work of the Lothian & Fife Green Network partnership as part of the Council`s commitment to the CSGN principles of partnership working
- Support attractive, networked greenspaces, both urban and rural, that are easily accessible to people living and working in East Lothian
- Support a network of paths for active walking, cycling, horse riding and recreation to support healthy lifestyles and benefit the local economy by providing tourism business opportunities.