East Ayrshire Woodlands is a partnership initiative supporting communities and landowners to expand and enhance native and amenity woodlands in Ayrshire. The partnership promotes sustainable management practices that ensure these areas deliver a range of social, economic and environmental benefits.
The partnership works to:
- develop access and recreation opportunities within woodlands
- provide an Intermediate Labour Market programme in forestry skills for long-term unemployed in East Ayrshire
- engage and support local communities in the management of woodlands
- promote and deliver environmental education linked to woodlands
- promote and demonstrate traditional woodland craft skills
- support the activity of individuals and local sub-contractors working with woodland products and in woodlands
East Ayrshire Woodlands operates across three Council areas: East Ayrshire, North Ayrshire and South Ayrshire.