Regional Advisory Forum
The CSGN Regional Advisory Forum was established in 2011 to act as a forum for regional green network partnerships in the CSGN to enable them to share experience and activity and to feed into decisions being taken about the development and delivery of the initiative. Its terms of reference are to:
- Act as an interface between the regional partners, the Scottish Government CSGN Programme Manager and the CSGNT Board/staff
- Contribute to CSGN policy development, work programmes and activities.
- Assist emerging structures where there are current gaps in the existing network of Regional Partnerships.
- Act as a “sounding board” to ensure that the policies / programmes being developed adequately reflect what is realistic, achievable and desirable at a regional level.
- Ensure that there is a two way flow of information and ideas from strategic level to grass roots and vice versa. In so doing to achieve more effective networking and delivery of outputs on the ground.
- Make recommendations on the future direction of the CSGN initiative and contribute to the development of papers to the CSGN Trust Board and the CSGN Programme Committee as appropriate, inputting regional knowledge and operational know how.
Members of the Regional Advisory Forum are:
- Ayrshire Green Network Partnership
- Central Scotland Green Network Trust
- Clackmannanshire Council (also attending on behalf of Stirling Council)
- East Ayrshire Woodlands
- Edinburgh and Lothians Greenspace Trust
- Fife Coast and Countryside Trust
- Forestry Commission Scotland
- GCV Green Network Partnership
- Lothians & Fife Green Network Partnership
- Scottish Natural Heritage
The Forum meets around every two months. Secretariat Support is provided by the CSGNT.