CSGN Orchard Futures Fund
Purpose of the Fund (Application deadline: Monday, 30 June 2014 at midnight.)
The CSGN Orchard Futures Fund aims to halt the decline in the Scottish orchard sector and help it grow again by creating new opportunities for sustainable orchard business growth and working in collaboration with the component elements of the sector.
The Orchard Futures Fund aims to encourage the development of new business ideas. This is not a grant scheme, but a joint venture scheme, where FEL will make a time-limited investment via an Investment Package - both financially, and through other business supports - to help develop the business idea to make it self-sustaining in the longer term. As part of the investment arrangement, FEL will look for a Return on Investment (ROI) throughout the investment period.
The Fund's Objectives
FEL are looking to invest in business ideas that meet one or more of the following objectives:-
- Develop the productivity and economic value of orchards through theirsustainable management
- Develop new orchard-related food and drink products
- Integrate or diversify businesses, or encourage co-operation
- Develop or enhance the orchard food and drink supply chain
- Create new employment opportunities within the sector
- Result in high economic and social impact, and low environmental impact and carbon footprint
Priority will be given to business ideas that seek to involve the wider community, in addition to generating economic and environmental benefits. Specialist technical support from an orchard expert for orchard creation is available for the CSGN Orchard Futures Fund for successful applicants.
How much will FEL invest?
The fund will make a total of £15,000 available to encourage the development of new business ideas that will help develop the orchard sector.
How to Apply
- Download and read the CSGN Orchard Futures Fund 2014 Guidance Notes from the Forth Valley's Orchards website.
- Register to receive a Stage 1 application form - FVO website. Once you have registered, you will automatically be sent a Stage 1 application form.
- Submit your Stage 1 Proposals Form - Complete an online Stage 1 Proposals Form to give FEL an outline of your business idea by Monday, 30 June 2014 at midnight.