The Ayrshire Green Network Partnership aims to enhance, protect and/or conserve green infrastructure features that make up the green networks in Ayrshire for the benefit of the economy, people and nature.
This will be achieved by:
- Creating high quality landscape environments for business
- Increasing woodland cover
- Restoring and enhancing ecosystem services
- Creating attractive, well maintained green spaces and improving access
- Increasing opportunities for communities to improve health and wellbeing through physical activity, active travel routes and enjoying nature
The Ayrshire Green Network Partnership operates in East Ayrshire, North Ayrshire and South Ayrshire and works closely with the Galloway and Southern Ayrshire Biosphere Partnership.
In January 2017, the Ayrshire Green Network Partnership signed it's CSGN Regional Partner Concordat:
Concordat between the Central Scotland Green Network Trust (CSGNT) and the Ayrshire Green Network Partnership (AGNP)
We acknowledge that
- We must have places that are nationally and internationally competitive if we want our communities to thrive in the future
- Our environment makes a vital contribution to our economic wellbeing, our health and our quality of life
- We need to improve our environment so it delivers all that it can for the people who live and work in Ayrshire
- Change at the scale required can only take place over a long period with sustained resourcing.
- The government’s commitment to the CSGN as expressed through its inclusion as a National Development in Scotland’s National Planning Framework
- The CSGN concept as described in the CSGN vision
- The opportunity the creation of the CSGN provides to deliver our economic, social and environmental aims
- The opportunities presented by partnership working to strengthen the delivery of the CSGN and to strengthen partners’ commitment to that.
CSGNT commits from this date to
- Promote the interests and activities of the AGNP wherever possible within the architecture of the CSGN
- To support the work of the AGNP in project development and delivery
- Create wherever possible wider ‘market conditions’ (e.g. the creation of funding streams) that will support the work of the AGNP and other partnerships
- Ensure that CSGNT communications work is compatible with, and supportive of, AGNP communications.
AGNP commits from this date to
- Realise the CSGN vision within the AGNP area
- Recognise the role of CSGNT as the link body to the CSGN Programme Committee
- Promote the interests and the activities of CSGNT and other regional partnerships wherever possible within the architecture of the CSGN
- Invite CSGNT to be represented at AGNP meetings in an advisory role
- Actively participate in the CSGN Regional Advisory Forum and contribute to the wider development of the CSGN through input of advice and ideas
- Ensure that AGNP communications work is compatible with, and supportive of, CSGN communications.