The Lothians and Fife Green Network Partnership aims to promote the economic, social and ecological benefits of green networks across the Lothians and to develop best practice on the ground.
Intended outcomes of the Lothians and Fife Green Network are to:
- create an attractive environment
- provide biodiversity and green infrastructure benefits
- improve health and well-being benefits
- promote empowered communities
- assist education and lifelong learning through use of the outdoor classroom.
The partnership is developing its co-ordinated vision through influencing and inputting into local and regional strategies such as SESPlan, Local Development Plans, Public Open Space Strategies and Indicative Forestry Strategies.
The Lothians and Fife Green Network Partnership operates across five Local Authority areas: City of Edinburgh, East Lothian, Fife, Midlothian and West Lothian.
In January 2017, the Lothians and Fife Green Network Partnership signed it's CSGN Regional Partner Concordat:
Concordat between the Green Action Trust and the Lothians and Fife Green Network Partnership (LFGNP)
We acknowledge that
- We must have places within our regions that are nationally and internationally competitive and which allow our communities to thrive
- The environment in which our communities live must contribute to our health and economic development and increase our quality of life
- We need to improve our environment so that it delivers all that it can for the citizens who work and live within the Lothians and Fife
- Change at the scale required can only take place over a long period with sustained resourcing.
- The Government’s commitment to the CSGN as expressed through its inclusion as a National Development in Scotland’s National Planning Framework
- The CSGN concept as described in the CSGN vision
- The opportunity the creation of the CSGN provides, to deliver our economic, social and environmental aims
- The opportunities presented by partnership working to strengthen the delivery of the CSGN and to strengthen partners’ commitment to that.
CSGNT commits from this date to
- Promote the interests and activities of the LFGNP wherever possible within the architecture of the CSGN
- Recognise the role of the LFGNP as the link body to all local authorities in the Lothians and Fife region
- Work jointly to promote and develop strategic opportunities
- Carry out development and thematic work that is in the interest of both parties annually as funding and resources allow
- Create wherever possible wider ‘market conditions’ (e.g. the creation of funding streams) that will support the delivery of the CSGN
- Ensure that CSGN communications work is compatible with, and supportive of, LFGNP communications.
LFGNP commits from this date to
- Realise the CSGN Vision within the LFGNP area
- Recognise the role of the Green Action Trust as the link body to the CSGN Programme Committee
- Promote the interests and the activities of the GreenAction Trust and other regional partnerships wherever possible within the architecture of the CSGN
- Have Green Action Trust act in a support role at LFGNP partnership and steering group meetings and forums
- Actively participate in the CSGN Regional Advisory Form and contribute to the wider development of the CSGN through input of advice and ideas
- Ensure that LFGNP communications work is compatible with, and supportive of, CSGN communications.